This Fall Brussels Sprout Salad with uncooked shredded Brussels, apples, pecans, and blue cheese is a superb aspect salad with roasted hen, pork, or turkey.
Fall Brussels Sprout Salad
I really like utilizing uncooked, shaved Brussels sprouts in salads! You should buy them shredded, however I like to cut them myself in order that they’re brisker. For this simple Fall Brussels sprout salad recipe, I tossed them with candy, crisp crimson apples, pecans, blue cheese, and a balsamic French dressing. When you’re in search of extra Brussels sprouts salads, do this Uncooked Shredded Brussel Sprouts with Lemon and Oil and Shredded Brussels Sprout Salad with Bacon and Avocado.
Can Brussels sprouts be eaten uncooked in a salad?
Reality is, I favor my brussels sprouts uncooked in salads vs cooked. When you thinly lower your brussels sprouts, they are often eaten uncooked in a salad identical to cabbage. Simply lower the foundation finish off the sprout after which slice them vertically. You may also strive prepping them in a meals processor with the shredding disc hooked up.
How far prematurely can I shred Brussels sprouts?
This fall salad is nice for meal prep. You’ll be able to shred your Brussels sprouts and the French dressing a day or two earlier than you serve the salad. Mix all the pieces proper earlier than serving and even a few hours early. The dressing will soften the sprouts, and the vinegar within the dressing will forestall the apples from turning brown. Leftovers will maintain for a few days within the fridge.
Shredded Brussels Sprout Salad Elements
- Brussels Sprouts: You’ll want 4 cups of shaved or shredded Brussels sprouts.
- Nuts: When you don’t have pecans, swap them with walnuts or almonds. When you’re allergic to nuts, omit them.
- Apples: I used a Honey crisp apple, however be at liberty to make use of your favourite crimson apple. You may additionally strive making this salad with pomegranate seeds or dried cranberries.
- Cheese: Gorgonzola or blue cheese will work.
- Balsamic French dressing: Whisk the olive oil, Dijon mustard, shallots, balsamic, salt, and pepper to make the dressing.
Extra Shredded Brussels Sprout Recipes You’ll Love:
Fall Brussels Sprout Salad with Apple, Pecans, and Blue Cheese
This Fall Brussels Sprout Salad with apples, pecans, and blue cheese is a superb aspect salad with roasted hen, pork or Thanksgiving turkey.
- 4 cups thinly shredded brussels sprouts
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons additional virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese, or gorgonzola
- 1 small honey crisp apple, or any candy apple, cored and diced into matchsticks, pores and skin on
Whisk olive oil, Dijon, shallots and vinegar with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
Pour over Brussels in a big bowl and season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper, to style.
Combine in apples and high with pecans and blue cheese.
When you favor to cook dinner your Brussels sprouts, saute in a skillet with somewhat oil for about 5 minutes.
Serving: 1cup, Energy: 202kcal, Carbohydrates: 17g, Protein: 5g, Fats: 13.5g, Saturated Fats: 2.5g, Ldl cholesterol: 4.5mg, Sodium: 154mg, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 8g
Key phrases: brussels sprout salad, simple aspect dish, fall, fall salads, uncooked brussels sprouts, shredded brussels sprouts