I’ve been SO excited to share this recipe with you all ever since my mama made it for me. As a lot of you understand, my beautiful mama moved to Chicago final 12 months after dwelling on the west coast and she or he, after all, introduced all of her unimaginable recipes along with her.
After I used to go to my mother we’d spend time doing what we each love essentially the most — cooking up nourishing meals and creating some wonderful baked items. I keep in mind the primary time she made this lovely honey oatmeal artisan bread and I knew this could develop into a staple. We might toast it up with somewhat butter and flaky sea salt, or construct scrumptious sandwiches with these completely thick, chewy slices of bread.
The most effective half is that this no knead bread makes use of tremendous easy elements and is principally fool-proof. Should you’ve by no means made selfmade bread earlier than, that is the best possible recipe to begin with. Take a look at all of my suggestions and trick all through the submit, and revel in a enjoyable baking mission with the folks you’re keen on. Let me know the way it goes within the feedback, plus your favourite methods to make use of this glorious bread!
Why you’ll love this honey oatmeal artisan bread
This artisan bread recipe is the right mission for bread-baking beginnings. It’s referred to as “artisan bread” as a result of it’s meant to be extra rustic and imperfect than a conventional bread loaf, which is what makes it so distinctive and delightful! This bread is:
- Really easy to make with none kneading required, so that you gained’t even want a stand mixer!
- Made with easy elements and kitchen instruments
- Deliciously hearty and completely candy because of the oatmeal and honey
- Extremely comfortable and fluffy on the within with a golden, crispy, chewy crust
- Superb served as toast, dipped into your fav soups, and used as sandwich bread
Mainly, that is all the things you could possibly ever need in selfmade bread and also you’ll really feel so achieved whenever you make it!
Substances in the very best oatmeal artisan bread recipe
You’re going to like how easy the elements are for this beautiful no knead artisan bread. This bread is egg-free, simply made dairy free, and naturally sweetened with somewhat honey! Right here’s what you’ll must make it:
- Flour: we’re utilizing bread flour on this recipe to present this bread the right fluffy texture.
- Oats: rolled oats assist to present the bread a pleasant hearty chew.
- Seeds: you’ll add roasted sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds (or each) plus flax seeds to the dough, then a couple of sunflower or pumpkin seeds on prime.
- Baking staples: you’ll want salt and fast rise yeast, which is also referred to as fast rise yeast, to assist the bread rise.
- For moisture: we’re including each water and milk to the dough to present it simply sufficient moisture. Be happy to make use of common or dairy free milk. You’ll additionally want somewhat olive oil.
- To sweeten: as I discussed, this bread recipe is of course sweetened with honey.
Can I make it gluten free?
Sadly, no, I can not suggest a gluten free flour substitute for this recipe.
measure flour correctly
Whereas essentially the most correct approach to measure flour is to weigh it, many baking recipes are far more forgiving and gained’t require a scale. Get all of my suggestions and tips for measuring flour precisely right here! It will be sure that your bread comes out good and fluffy as an alternative of dense.
The most effective yeast to make use of on this recipe
As I discussed, you’ll wish to use a fast rise or fast rise yeast within the bread recipe. Speedy rise yeast doesn’t should be “proofed,” so that you don’t have to attend till the yeast “prompts” earlier than persevering with with the recipe. On this honey oatmeal artisan bread, you’ll merely:
- Combine the yeast with the remainder of your dry elements.
- Warmth up the milk and water till they attain 115 levels F, then combine within the honey and olive oil.
- Combine the dry and moist elements collectively till they’re simply included.
That’s it! No proofing required. The fast rise yeast will activate (quickly) when blended with the nice and cozy milk/water combination and can work together with the sugars within the honey to activate.
Ideas & tips for baking honey artisan bread
- Don’t overmix. When combining the moist and dry elements collectively, watch out to not overmix the dough. Overmixed dough will result in a dense bread loaf.
- Let the dough relaxation. After letting the dough rise for two hours, you’ll dump it out onto a well-floured floor, flip it over 8-10 occasions, and form it right into a ball. You’ll then wish to place the dough ball right into a bowl lined with parchment paper, cowl it with a heat towel, and let it relaxation once more for about an hour. Don’t skip this half! It’s important for the feel and wonderful pockets that may bake up within the bread.
- Warmth your dutch oven. Earlier than including the bread dough to your dutch oven and baking it, you’ll wish to warmth it up in your oven. Place the dutch oven in your chilly oven and preheat the oven to 425 levels F (the temp you’ll bake the bread at). Heating up the pan FIRST ensures that the bread has what’s referred to as an “oven spring,” which is the extra burst or rise that happens within the bread proper when it will get into the oven earlier than the crust begins to type.
- Bake it with the lid on. You’ll wish to bake the bread in your dutch oven with the lid on first in order that the bread is ready to steam a bit whereas it’s baking. It will give the bread that great, crispy crust.
- Let it cool earlier than slicing. Like nearly each baked good, be sure you let the bread cool for 1 hour earlier than slicing into it in order that it retains its form.
Our favourite methods to take pleasure in this bread
I imply, can you actually go incorrect with freshly baked bread? I feel not. Listed here are a couple of of the limitless methods you may take pleasure in this lovely honey oatmeal artisan bread:
Storing & freezing selfmade artisan bread
- To retailer: it’s greatest to retailer no knead artisan on the counter. As soon as the bread is totally cool, wrap it in plastic and retailer at room temperature. If the climate is scorching or humid, it’s greatest to retailer the bread within the fridge.
- To freeze the bread: wrap it in plastic wrap, then seal it in a bag, ensuring to get all of the air out of the bag. You may also wrap the bread in plastic after which wrap it tightly in foil. Bread ought to final 3 months within the freezer. As soon as able to serve, unwrap the bread and thaw at room temperature.
Extra bread recipes you’ll love
Get all of my bread recipes right here!
I hope you’re keen on this no knead honey oatmeal artisan bread! Should you make it you’ll want to go away a remark and a ranking so I understand how you preferred it. Take pleasure in, xo!
No Knead Seeded Honey Oat Artisan Bread
Complete Time 3 hours 35 minutes
Stunning no knead honey oatmeal artisan bread recipe made with easy elements for a simple bread recipe you will bake many times. This excellent selfmade artisan bread is comfortable and fluffy on the within with the right golden crust. Take pleasure in this scrumptious bread toasted together with your fav toppings, dipping in soups, or making sandwiches!
- Dry elements:
rolled oats (or use a scorching cereal mix akin to Bob’s Crimson Mill 5-grain scorching cereal)
fast rise yeast (also referred to as fast rise yeast)
roasted sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds (or a mixture of each!)
flax seeds (not flaxseed meal)
- Moist elements:
milk of alternative (I take advantage of dairy free milk)
- Just a few tablespoons further flour for shaping
sunflower or pumpkin seeds for on prime of bread
In a big bowl, whisk collectively the flour, oats, yeast, sunflower seeds, flax seeds and salt.
In a microwaveable bowl, add water and milk and warmth up for 1 minute till barely hotter than tub water or roughly 115 levels F. Stir the honey and olive oil into the water/milk combination as soon as heat. Add moist elements to the dry elements and blend with a wood spoon till simply included, don’t over combine.
Cowl with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for two hours or till doubled in dimension.
After the dough has risen, place it on a well-floured floor and sprinkle it with somewhat flour. Utilizing a scraper (or your fingers is ok), fold dough over about 8-10 occasions after which flip over and form right into a ball. Place dough in a parchment paper-lined giant bowl and canopy with a heat towel. Permit the dough to relaxation once more for about 45 minutes to an hour.
Proper across the 30 minute mark of your dough resting, place a 4 to 6-quart Dutch oven with lid on within the chilly oven and preheat to 425 levels F and permit the pot to warmth up within the oven for 20 minutes. As soon as the oven has preheated all the best way, take away the pot from the oven and instantly add the parchment paper with the dough to the recent pot (watch out as you do that!). Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon further sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds, then cowl with the lid and bake for 25 minutes.
After 25 minutes, take away the lid from the pot and return to the oven, uncovered. Bake for 10-15 extra minutes till bread is good and golden on prime to your liking. Permit bread to chill for an hour earlier than slicing. Makes 1 loaf, about 12 slices. This bread is nice when toasted and served with butter and somewhat salt. I like it for dipping in soups and making sandwiches too!
See the complete submit for suggestions & tips for making this lovely bread!
Servings: 12 servings
Serving dimension: 1 slice (primarily based on 12)
Saturated fats: 0.5g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Bold Kitchen | Images by: Eat Love Eats