Roasted Butternut Squash with Rosemary, Pecans, and Gorgonzola is a tremendous winter aspect dish; butternut squash followers will devour it! And butternut does have fiber so it’s comparatively low in internet carbs for a aspect dish that’s actually a deal with.
PIN Butternut Squash with Rosemary, Pecans, and Gorgonzola to strive it later.
I do know butternut squash is certainly a carb splurge for some folks, nevertheless it’s one thing I look ahead to each fall, and when it’s butternut squash season I’ve to indulge a bit! And butternut has fairly a little bit of fiber, so when you test the online carbs you is perhaps shocked that this Roasted Butternut Squash with Rosemary, Pecans, and Gorgonzola isn’t actually that a lot of a splurge.
And the way I like this recipe, the place the cubes of butternut squash are roasted with recent rosemary and pecans after which gently tossed with Gorgonzola cheese. For years this has been again within the archives of Kalyn’s Kitchen begging for a photograph that confirmed it off just a little higher, so I’m joyful I lastly managed to make it and take some new photos.
And Kara and I completely swooned over this after we examined the recipe. We divided up the leftovers, and the following day I ate a few of mine for breakfast!
Should you like roasted butternut squash and blue cheese, this may occasionally turn into your favourite new approach to cook dinner butternut. And I wouldn’t blame you a bit when you wished to make use of a bit extra Gorgonzola, and once I reheated my leftovers I couldn’t resist including a bit extra cheese.
What’s Butternut Squash?
Butternut Squash (additionally referred to as Butternut Pumpkin) is a sort of flavorful winter squash that grows on a vine. It’s scrumptious and versatile and most of the people who like winter squash will love this number of squash.
What elements do you want for this recipe?
- giant butternut squash, a minimum of 3 kilos earlier than reducing
- Olive Oil (affiliate hyperlink)
- chopped recent rosemary, or use Cracked Rosemary (affiliate hyperlink) or a smaller quantity of floor rosemary (affiliate hyperlink)
- salt and recent floor black pepper to style
- chopped pecans
- Gorgonzola cheese
Do you must reduce up the Butternut Squash?
I extremely suggest shopping for a complete squash and reducing it up as a substitute of utilizing these dear pre-cut squash cubes that present up this time of 12 months, and I shared ideas for the right way to peel and reduce up a butternut squash. You possibly can undoubtedly reduce it up the day earlier than when you’re making this for a giant vacation meal, and I believe the fresh-cut butternut squash is all the time a lot extra flavorful. But when reducing up the squash isn’t going to occur at your own home, go forward and use the pre-cut squash!
What else tastes nice with pecans and Gorgonzola?
This identical taste mixture can also be a success in Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pecans and Gorgonzola, although I really forgot about that recipe once I was first making this one!
Are you a fan of butternut squash like I’m?
Go to My Favourite Roasted Butternut Squash Recipes to see heaps extra butternut squash aspect dish recipes. Use Winter Squash to see all of the butternut squash recipes on the weblog.
The way to Make Roasted Butternut Squash with Rosemary, Pecans, and Gorgonzola:
(That is solely a abstract of the steps; scroll down for full printable recipe with dietary data.)
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C. Brush just a little olive oil on the baking sheet
- I began with a butternut squash that simply over 3 lbs., so after I peeled it and reduce it into cubes I had simply over two kilos of squash cubes. (If you’ll find a squash the place the stem finish is thicker just like the one within the first photograph, that provides you with extra squash.)
- The squash cubes don’t must be all the identical form, however attempt to get them near the identical measurement so that they cook dinner in the identical period of time.
- You may need to learn The way to Peel and Minimize Up a Butternut Squash when you haven’t executed it.
- I’d use recent rosemary if in case you have it. We used cracked rosemary, which labored nicely for this recipe, or you need to use a smaller quantity of floor rosemary.
- Toss the squash cubes with olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Unfold out the seasoned squash cubes, making them in a single layer as a lot as attainable.
- Roast the squash with out peeking for 20 minutes, then take out of the oven and use a flat turner to show the cubes over. You ought to be beginning to see some colour on the aspect that was touching the baking sheet.
- Roast the squash Quarter-hour extra, and whereas it’s roasting, measure out 1/2 cup pecans and coarsely chop.
- After the Quarter-hour, flip the squash once more, then sprinkle with pecans and put again within the oven for about Quarter-hour extra (or till the squash is finished).
- The following to the final photograph is how my squash sorted it had roasted with the pecans.
- Complete roasting time will probably be 40-50 minutes, relying on how huge your squash cubes are.
- Put the roasted squash and pecans right into a serving dish and sprinkle with the Gorgonzola, test to see when you want salt and pepper, and serve scorching.
Extra Favourite Recipes for Butternut Squash:
- 1 giant butternut squash, a minimum of 3 kilos earlier than reducing
- 1 T olive oil + 1-2 tsp. olive oil to brush pan
- 2 tsp. chopped recent rosemary (see notes)
- salt and recent floor black pepper to style
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup Gorgonzola cheese (or extra)
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C.
- Minimize stem and blossom ends off squash, then reduce in half lengthwise.
- Scrape out seeds with a pointy spoon, peel squash with a vegetable peeler, then reduce into 1 inch cubes. Attempt to make the cubes near the identical measurement so that they’ll all cook dinner in the identical period of time.
- Wash and dry recent rosemary leaves, then finely chop with chef’s knife. (Should you’re utilizing dried rosemary, I’d grind it with a mortar and pestle or chop as finely as you possibly can with a knife.)
- Toss the squash cubes with 1 T olive oil, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Brush the baking sheet with olive oil, then prepare the squash in a single layer as a lot as attainable and roast for 20 minutes with out opening oven.
- Take away the pan and use a flat turner to show squash cubes over. (They need to be frivolously browned on the underside.)
- Roast the squash Quarter-hour extra whilst you measure 1/2 cup pecans and coarsely chop.
- After Quarter-hour, flip the squash another time and sprinkle pecans excessive.
- Roast 10-Quarter-hour extra, till the nuts are aromatic and the squash cubes are gentle and caramelized.
- Wipe out the bowl you used earlier to toss the squash with olive oil, then put the recent squash into it.
- Toss with the Gorgonzola cheese, season with salt and recent floor black pepper if it wants extra and serve scorching. (You may need to let it cool for a minute or two earlier than you toss with the cheese.)
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 212Complete Fats: 14gSaturated Fats: 3.2gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 9.8gLdl cholesterol: 8.4mgSodium: 234mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 7gSugar: 4.1gProtein: 5g
Vitamin data is routinely calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I’m utilizing. I’m not a nutritionist and can’t assure 100% accuracy, since many variables have an effect on these calculations.
Low-Carb Food plan / Low-Glycemic Food plan / South Seashore Food plan Options:
That is in all probability excessive in carbs for a very strict low-carb consuming plan like Keto, however butternut squash does have some fiber so test the dietary information and see what you assume. Butternut squash is authorized for section 2 or 3 of the unique South Seashore Food plan. Blue cheese is a restricted meals for South Seashore, so it’s possible you’ll need to use it sparingly.
Discover Extra Recipes Like This One:
Use Winter Squash Recipes to seek out extra tasty concepts for this favourite winter squash! Use the Food plan Kind Index to seek out recipes appropriate for a selected consuming plan. You may also wish to comply with Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest, on Fb, on Instagram, on TikTok, or on YouTube to see all the great recipes I’m sharing there.
Historic Notes for this Recipe:
This recipe was posted in 2009. It was up to date higher images and extra data in 2022.
We’re a participant within the Amazon Providers LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to supply a method for us to earn charges by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.