We shared this simple, scrumptious appetizer on Instagram as a part of the #AKSnackSeries a few weeks in the past and it was simply too good to not placed on the weblog.
Meet my smoked salmon crostini made with 5 core components and a sprinkle of contemporary chives + Every part However the Bagel seasoning. They make the right savory appetizer or snack that comes collectively in simply 20 minutes. In the event you love a very good bagel and lox these cute crostini shall be your new fav.
Bonus factors when you’re trying to make a fuller meal, merely add the components to a thick piece of sourdough toast! In any other case, throw these collectively on your subsequent brunch or gathering with family and friends and watch them disappear.
Components for this smoked salmon crostini
The most effective half about this smoked salmon crostini? It’s fast to make with tremendous easy components so you’ll be able to concentrate on hanging out along with your individuals as an alternative of assembling a tough appetizer. Right here’s what you’ll have to make it:
- French baguette: the bottom of the crostini, after all! You’ll slice up your baguette into 1/2 inch slices to create the bottom on your toppings.
- Olive oil: don’t neglect to brush your baguette slices with somewhat olive oil so that they bake up good and golden.
- Cream cheese: I really like utilizing whipped chive cream cheese for this recipe as a result of it’s the right mild texture and taste. See beneath for extra choices!
- Salmon: I sometimes use Nova lox salmon, however you should use your favourite model of smoked salmon.
- Crimson onion: for somewhat crunch and zippy taste.
- To garnish: prime your crostini off with Every part However the Bagel seasoning and a few chopped chives or scallions for the final word chew.
Customise your crostini
This smoked salmon crostini is simple to customise to your style preferences and to make use of what you could have readily available:
- Select your cream cheese. In the event you can’t discover chive cream cheese, merely combine a number of tablespoons of chopped chives into softened cream cheese. You could possibly additionally make this with veggie cream cheese, or for a spicy kick, strive a jalapeño cream cheese!
- Go dairy free. Be happy to make use of your favourite dairy free cream cheese like Mykonos.
- Make it gluten free. Simple swap an everyday baguette for a gluten free loaf and even gluten free crackers.
Smoked salmon crostini in 3 easy steps
- Bake your bread. Begin by brushing the baguette sliced with somewhat olive oil, then bake at 350 levels F till they’re frivolously golden on the sides.
- Assemble the crostini. Be sure that the baguette slices are cooled, then prime so as with cream cheese, smoked salmon, onion slices, somewhat Every part However the Bagel seasoning, and a sprinkle of chives.
- Plate & serve. Add the crostini to a cute plate or platter and serve!
Flip your crostini right into a meal
Searching for a heartier snack or perhaps a scrumptious breakfast or lunch? Be happy so as to add the toppings to a thick slice of toast or a toasted bagel similar to you’ll with an everyday bagel and lox!
These smoked salmon crostini are finest when loved day of, so when you’re solely feeding a handful of individuals I’d suggest solely assembling ones that shall be eaten.
Extra appetizers you’ll love
Get all of my appetizer recipes right here!
I hope you like these simple smoked salmon crostini! In the event you make them you should definitely go away a remark and a ranking so I understand how you appreciated them. Take pleasure in, xo!
Scrumptious smoked salmon crostini made with easy components for the right simple appetizer or snack. Take your favourite bagel and lox and switch it right into a enjoyable, flavorful appetizer to share with family and friends! Nice for brunch and prepared in simply 20 minutes.
French baguette, lower into 1/2 inch slices
further virgin olive oil
whipped chive cream cheese
Nova lox salmon
purple onion, very thinly sliced
Every part However the Bagel seasoning
finely chopped chives or scallions
Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Prepare baguette slices on a baking sheet and brush with olive oil. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or till frivolously golden brown on the sides, then let cool barely.
Unfold a couple of tablespoon of cream cheese on every crostini, then prime with smoked salmon, a few onion slices, a shake of Every part However the Bagel seasoning, and a pinch of chives or scallions.
Serve instantly in your favourite plate, slicing board, or platter and luxuriate in! Makes 15.
In the event you can’t discover chive cream cheese, be happy to cut a number of tablespoons of chives and blend into softened cream cheese. You can even sub chopped scallions as an alternative!
Servings: 15 servings
Serving dimension: 1 crostini
Saturated fats: 3.4g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Formidable Kitchen | Images by Eat Love Eats