Candy Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts are roasted along with balsamic and Parmesan to bump up the flavour for 2 of my favourite greens! For those who like these elements you’ll love combining them for a particular aspect dish. Use extra Brussels Sprouts and fewer candy potatoes if you wish to make it even decrease in carbs.
PIN Candy Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts to strive the recipe later!
When the vacation season comes round I’m completely targeted on aspect dishes, and this recipe for Roasted Candy Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts is an concept that simply popped into my thoughts a number of years again. And when the thought of mixing candy potatoes and Brussels Sprouts right into a roasted vegetable dish popped into my thoughts, I simply needed to strive it.
I examined out the mixture of candy potatoes roasted with Brussels sprouts with my nephew Jake and my brother Rand and all three of us thought this mix was simply the bomb! We cherished it with the Parmesan, however everybody agreed Feta would even be scrumptious, and this recipe couldn’t be simpler.
And I’m guessing a number of my readers haven’t tried this one, so I’m that includes it for Friday Favorites this week to entice you to strive it for a vacation aspect dish possibility; hope you get pleasure from!
What elements do you want for this recipe?
Can the candy potatoes and Brussels sprouts be ready forward?
You may reduce up the Brussels Sprouts and candy potatoes the day earlier than in the event you’re making this for a vacation meal in the event you’re going to be busy making the remainder of the meal. Be certain they’re stored within the fridge in an air-tight container. Preserve the 2 greens separate so you possibly can prepare dinner the candy potatoes first earlier than you add the Brussels Sprouts.
Do Brussels sprouts odor dangerous once they’re cooking?
When they’re boiled or cooked too lengthy it’s true Brussels Sprouts can have sort of an disagreeable odor. However when they’re rapidly cooked by roasting or pan-frying they don’t odor that approach.
How are you going to make this decrease in carbs?
This recipe is surprisingly low in web carbs, however if you would like a model that’s even decrease in carbs simply use extra Brussels Sprouts and fewer candy potatoes.
Need low-carb Brussels Sprouts Recipes?
Take a look at Keto Brussels Sprouts Recipes for extra scrumptious concepts for holiday-worthy Brussels Sprouts!
Find out how to make roasted candy potatoes and Brussels Sprouts
(Scroll down for full printable recipe with dietary data.)
- Peel candy potatoes and reduce into chunks, then toss with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Unfold out on a baking sheet and roast candy potatoes at 450F/220C for 20 minutes.
- Whereas candy potatoes roast, trim stems of the Brussels Sprouts, reduce in half, and toss with the remainder of the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Combine on the roasting pan with the candy potatoes and roast about 20 minutes extra, or till candy potatoes are cooked by and each greens are barely browned.
- Serve sizzling, sprinkled with Parmesan cheese (or Feta!)
So Many Roasted Greens to Strive!
- 1 lb. orange candy potatoes, peeled and reduce into items about 1 inch throughout.
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and reduce in half lengthwise
- 2 T olive oil, divided
- 1 T balsamic vinegar, divided
- salt and contemporary floor pepper to style
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450F/220C.
- Spray an extra-large baking sheet with olive oil or non-stick spray.
- Peel candy potatoes and reduce into chunks about 1 inch throughout.
- Put the candy potatoes right into a bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1.5 teaspoons balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Unfold candy potatoes out on the baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes.
- Whereas the candy potatoes are roasting, wash the Brussels Sprouts and spin dry or pat dry with paper towels.
- Trim the ends, then reduce Brussels Sprouts in half lengthwise. (Discard any leaves that fall off; they have a tendency to burn within the sizzling oven.)
- Toss the reduce Brussels Sprouts with the opposite tablespoon of olive oil, the opposite 1.5 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
- When candy potatoes have cooked for 20 minutes, take away the baking sheet and toss candy potatoes with the Brussels Sprouts.
- Roast 20 minutes extra, or till the candy potatoes are cooked by and each greens are barely browned. (In case your oven runs sizzling, I’d verify them after quarter-hour.)
- Serve sizzling, sprinkled with the Parmesan (or Feta) as desired.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 111Whole Fats: 5gSaturated Fats: 1gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 3gLdl cholesterol: 4mgSodium: 165mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 3g
Vitamin data is robotically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I’m utilizing. I’m not a nutritionist and can’t assure 100% accuracy, since many variables have an effect on these calculations.
Low-Carb Food plan / Low-Glycemic Food plan / South Seashore Food plan Solutions:
This recipe for Candy Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts as written has 12 web carbs per serving, however you possibly can simply make this decrease in carbs by utilizing extra Brussels sprouts and fewer candy potatoes. Although candy potatoes are thought-about to be a superb carb, they’re restricted to Part 2 or 3 for the unique South Seashore Food plan.
Discover Extra Recipes Like This One:
Use Aspect Dishes to seek out extra recipes like this one. Use the Food plan Sort Index to seek out recipes appropriate for a selected consuming plan. You may additionally prefer to comply with Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest, on Fb, on Instagram, on TikTok, or on YouTube to see all the great recipes I’m sharing there.
Historic Notes for this Recipe:
This recipe was posted in 2015 and I’ve made it for a number of Thanksgivings since then! It was final up to date in 2022 with extra data.
We’re a participant within the Amazon Providers LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to supply a way for us to earn charges by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.