This Twice-Baked Cauliflower is a low-carb aspect dish that’s one of the well-liked cauliflower recipes on Kalyn’s Kitchen! It is a recipe your complete household will love, and I wager when you strive it your loved ones will ask for it time and again.
Click on right here to PIN Twice-Baked Cauliflower!
For a few years now this low-carb, Keto, and gluten-free Twice-Baked Cauliflower has been one of the well-liked cauliflower recipes and one of the well-liked aspect dish recipes on my weblog. Actually 1000’s of individuals make this recipe each month, and I just like the recipe a lot myself that I like realizing different persons are having fun with it too.
In reality, this recipe is such a trademark of my website that again in 2017 once I switched my weblog to WordPress and couldn’t make any adjustments to the location for every week, this was the put up I selected to have entrance and middle throughout that point. Now there’s been one other replace to the location, and it looks as if it’s time to take away all that discuss concerning the weblog platform and focus extra on the recipe itself. So let’s discuss low-carb Twice Baked Cauliflower!
What substances do you want for this recipe?
- head of cauliflower
- cream cheese
- bitter cream
- inexperienced onions
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- grated sharp cheddar cheese
What makes this recipe so well-liked?
After all the mix of cauliflower + cheese is among the issues that begins this recipe out to be a winner. And the recipe has cream cheese, Parmesan, and sharp cheddar for many tacky taste. There may be additionally some bitter cream to up the creamy issue, and simply sufficient crisp bacon so as to add loads of bacon taste. And the dish is completed off with simply sufficient sliced inexperienced onions so as to add a bit extra taste.
Is that this cauliflower recipe actually baked twice?
Via the years a number of readers have gently identified that the cauliflower is just not actually baked twice. They usually’re proper, it’s boiled and mashed after which baked. However I needed the title of the recipe to remind individuals of twice-baked potatoes, and twice-cooked cauliflower didn’t appear to have the identical ring to it!
Can you employ other forms of cheese within the Twice-Baked Cauliflower?
After all you’re all the time free to change out the substances in a recipe any approach you favor. However for this mega-popular recipe I actually urge you to strive it because the recipe is written the primary time. The recipe has been constantly well-liked since 2008 (!) and personally I feel this mixture is excellent!
How you can Make Low-Carb and Keto Twice-Baked Cauliflower:
(Scroll down for full printable recipe with dietary info.)
- Minimize up the cauliflower and prepare dinner in boiling salted water till it’s barely mushy, then drain effectively.
- Mash the cauliflower, leaving some chunks. (I mashed it a number of instances within the colander after which transferred to the pan I cooked it in and mashed a bit extra.)
- Prepare dinner the bacon till it’s very crisp; then crumble bacon, slice inexperienced onions, reduce cream cheese into cubes, measure bitter cream, and measure Parmesan.
- Mix mashed cauliflower, cream cheese, bitter cream, inexperienced onion, Parmesan, and three/4 of the crumbled bacon.
- Put the combination right into a glass casserole dish (with a lid) that you just’ve sprayed with olive oil or non-stick spray, and prime with sharp cheddar and the remainder of the bacon.
- Bake with the lid on at 350F/180C till the combination is effervescent and all of the cheese has melted, about 30-35 minutes whole. (I take the lid off for the final 10 minutes or so to brown the highest a bit of.)
- Serve scorching, and completely anticipate that even cauliflower-avoiders are going to go loopy over this recipe.
Make it a Low-Carb Meal:
Significantly, this Twice-Baked Cauliflower recipe is so well-liked that many individuals have to be serving it repeatedly as a aspect dish, and I feel it will be good with virtually something. However if you’d like some suggestions I feel this could style superb with Hen Cutlets with Mustard Sauce, Air Fryer Fish Sticks, Air Fryer Marinated Hen Breasts, Pan-Grilled Steak with Olive Sauce, or Grain-Free Breaded Pork Chops.
Extra Widespread Low-Carb Cauliflower Recipes:
On the spot Pot Loaded Cauliflower Soup
Loaded Cauliflower Mock Potato Salad
Cauliflower Rice Sausage Casserole
Ham and Cauliflower Casserole au Gratin
Roasted Cauliflower with Parmesan
Weekend Meals Prep:
This recipe has been added to a class known as Weekend Meals Prep the place you’ll discover recipes you’ll be able to prep or prepare dinner on the weekend and eat in the course of the week!
- 1 giant head cauliflower
- 4 oz. cream cheese, reduce into cubes
- 1/2 cup bitter cream
- 1/4 cup inexperienced onions, minced
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (or extra)
- 6 slices bacon, cooked till very crisp, fats blotted with paper towel after which crumbled
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
- Spray a glass casserole dish with olive oil or non-stick spray.
- Minimize out stem and core from cauliflower, and reduce into small items.
- Prepare dinner in giant pot of boiling salted water till cauliflower is tender, however not overly mushy.
- Drain effectively and mash with potato masher (affiliate hyperlink), leaving some chunks.
- Whereas cauliflower is cooking, prepare dinner the bacon and crumble, slice inexperienced onions, dice the cream cheese, measure bitter cream, and measure Parmesan.
- Combine cream cheese, bitter cream, inexperienced onion, Parmesan, and three/4 of the crumbled bacon into the drained cauliflower.
- Unfold evenly in a 1.5 Quart Glass Casserole Dish (affiliate hyperlink).
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and reserved bacon.
- Bake 20-25 minutes coated, or till scorching and bubbly.
- Take away the lid and bake about 10 minutes extra, or till the cheese is barely browned. Serve scorching.
This reheats very effectively and may be frozen and thawed within the fridge, then reheated.
Recipe created by Kalyn.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 292Complete Fats: 23gSaturated Fats: 12gUnsaturated Fats: 8gLdl cholesterol: 62mgSodium: 468mgCarbohydrates: 6.4gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 14g
Diet info is mechanically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I’m utilizing. I’m not a nutritionist and can’t assure 100% accuracy, since many variables have an effect on these calculations.
Low-Carb Eating regimen / Low-Glycemic Eating regimen / South Seashore Eating regimen Solutions:
Cauliflower may be very low in carbs, and this needs to be an excellent dish for any low-carb consuming plan, together with Keto. For the unique South Seashore Eating regimen that is most likely a once-in-a-while deal with because of the quantity of saturated fats, though you may make a extra South Seashore pleasant model with gentle cream cheese, gentle bitter cream, low-fat cheese, and even turkey bacon for those who desire, and it’ll nonetheless be scrumptious.
Discover Extra Recipes Like This One:
Use Facet Dishes to seek out extra recipes like this one. Use the Eating regimen Kind Index to seek out recipes appropriate for a selected consuming plan. You may also prefer to comply with Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest, on Fb, on Instagram, on TikTok, or on YouTube to see all the great recipes I’m sharing there.
Historic Notes for this Recipe:
This well-liked recipe was first posted in 2008, most likely with images that may make me shudder if I noticed them now. The recipe was final up to date with extra info in 2022.
We’re a participant within the Amazon Providers LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to offer a way for us to earn charges by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.