NEW YORK–(BUSINESS WIRE)–MTV, in partnership with greater than 1400 main manufacturers, nonprofits and cultural leaders globally, at this time introduced the second-annual Psychological Well being Motion Day, to be held on Thursday, Could 19 throughout Psychological Well being Consciousness Month.
As the worldwide dialog round psychological well being continues – together with the White Home’s new unity agenda technique to handle psychological well being in the US – discovering efficient sources and figuring out how you can get assist stays a problem. Psychological Well being Motion Day is an open-source motion to drive tradition from psychological well being consciousness to psychological well being motion.
This 12 months’s Psychological Well being Motion Day theme is Connection as folks of all ages proceed to hunt out methods to deal with loneliness stemming from the pandemic and switch to look counseling to assist their emotional wellbeing when fighting isolation.
Companions will encourage folks to take their first steps in the direction of psychological well being motion. Free sources and instruments, comparable to an employer toolkit and platforms for internet hosting and organizing occasions, can be found for organizations and teams to assist assist their audiences by a myriad of how – from beginning a meditation follow to studying how you can assist a good friend to advocating for change.
“The final two years have dropped at gentle psychological well being challenges and made it simpler to speak about them – however there’s nonetheless a lot work to do to assist folks take actions to handle them,” stated Erika Soto Lamb, Vice President of Social Impression Technique at MTV Leisure Group. “That’s why the second Psychological Well being Motion Day will concentrate on connection by offering leaders with sources to encourage and empower folks to take motion, and for these fighting psychological well being and isolation, the instruments they should enhance their emotional wellbeing.”
Psychological Well being Motion Day was created with an open-source mannequin that has successfully united and galvanized manufacturers, organizational leaders and cultural leaders to seamlessly combine the message and spirit into their current branding and voice. This 12 months, MTV has piloted a brand new partnership mannequin, Psychological Well being Motion Champions, that empowers companions and offers them with the liberty to innovate, handle, and customise a sector-specific technique powered by Psychological Well being Motion Day.
Champion Companions To Date:
- CBS: Will amplify MTV Leisure’s already established “Psychological well being is well being” marketing campaign through the use of this line together with their model belongings to boost consciousness and encourage motion for the affect that psychological well being has on our audiences. CBS will spotlight thought leaders consultant of CBS Leisure, Information and Sports activities in a contemplative and visually compelling dialogue of psychological well being subjects related to our viewers that can be displayed throughout social, broadcast and digital.
- Citrone 33 Basis: Who final 12 months introduced the Pittsburgh Steelers, Penguins and Pirates to Psychological Well being Motion Day with revolutionary fan-facing activations, is growing a set of sources that may assist franchises in different cities to do the identical. They’ll even be internet hosting a summit to launch the Pittsburgh Youth Psychological Well being Coalition on Could nineteenth at PNC Park with psychological well being consultants, native leaders, and the neighborhood to enroll them on a typical mission to create actual affect of their neighborhood.
- Eventbrite: Will empower and encourage the creators on its platform to host Psychological Well being Motion Day occasions to spark connection inside their communities. The corporate will present creators with related content material and sources, and can spotlight their Psychological Well being Motion Day occasions in a particular assortment of digital and in-person occasions throughout the nation that individuals can simply entry on its homepage.
- George Floyd Memorial Basis: Shall be centering Black therapeutic and communal reference to a collection of occasions and webinars led by Dr. Calisha Brooks protecting what psychological well being motion seems to be like for despair, nervousness, and totally different types of trauma, linking the neighborhood with psychological well being professionals. Moreover, they’ll be offering DEI affect advising to the Psychological Well being Motion Day crew.
- Well being Motion Alliance: Shall be co-hosting the Office Psychological Well being Motion Summit on Could fifth, a digital gathering of enterprise leaders that may highlight revolutionary actions corporations are taking to strengthen psychological security at work, enhance entry to psychological well being advantages, and middle fairness of their psychological well being technique. The Summit can be co-hosted by Well being Motion Alliance and Psychological Well being Motion Day, in partnership with Advert Council, One Thoughts At Work, and SHRM Basis. Throughout this occasion, they’ll launch a set of recent instruments and sources for the enterprise neighborhood, together with an interactive workshop on constructing office psychological well being motion methods. Register right here.
- It Will get Higher Mission: Will carry Psychological Well being Motion Day to life by TikTok creators, Twitch ambassadors and their very own Youth Voices ambassadors, who’re made up of scholars, artists and activists working to alter their communities for the higher. They’ll be creating TikToks and internet hosting conversations on TikTok and Twitch with recommendations on how you can take psychological well being motion to extend resiliency and self-care round activism.
- Paramount Veterans Community: Shall be taking the lead on participating and organizing the veteran neighborhood and bringing Psychological Well being Motion Day to them as a praise to Navy Appreciation Month with a veteran-centric strategy by holding two panels on destigmatizing psychological well being and offering tricks to how you can take motion to assist themselves and the veteran neighborhood at-large.
- The Kennedy Discussion board: Shall be spreading the phrase all through their huge community and bringing extra companions to Psychological Well being Motion Day. They’ll even be internet hosting a free digital Q&A w/ a licensed clinician from on-line household psychological well being care platform, Brightline, for fogeys to study widespread psychological well being challenges in youth (together with how they usually current) and when to hunt skilled assist.
- Tiltify: Shall be releasing an educational toolkit and co-hosting a LinkedIn Reside with the Psychological Well being Motion Day crew on April twenty first to assist equip anybody that’s enthusiastic about elevating cash for charity with the means to take action. Register right here.
- UNICEF: Will assist us attain younger folks around the globe with their world #OnMyMind marketing campaign, which inspires kids and younger folks to interrupt the stigma round psychological well being by beginning conversations in addition to assist to construct constructive connections and relationships at dwelling, faculty and of their communities.
- United for International Psychological Well being: Shall be bringing Psychological Well being Motion Day to the International Psychological Well being Motion Community of 1700+ companions representing folks with lived expertise, governments, CSOs, worldwide organizations, the personal sector and academia from over 110 nations.
- WisdoMania Fest & WisdoMania Basis, X. ARI: Shall be spreading the Psychological Well being Motion Day mission amongst wellness organizations and is internet hosting a Songwriting for Wellness workshop at an underserved highschool in Los Angeles to kick off Psychological Well being Motion Week. At WisdoMania Fest on Could 15-16, contributors could have entry to self-care classes, inventive workshops, psychological well being conversations, stay music, comedy, and movie.
Moreover, MTV is proud to make funding out there for Psychological Well being Motion Day nonprofit companions and invitations non-profit organizations to use for one among at the least 10 grants of as much as $10,000 to assist new and artistic methods to drive younger folks to take motion for his or her psychological well being on Could nineteenth. Functions can be found HERE.
On the primary Psychological Well being Motion Day in 2021, a coalition of greater than 1400 nonprofits, manufacturers, authorities and influential leaders from 32 nations got here collectively to shift psychological well being tradition from consciousness to motion. Psychological Well being Motion Day is being deliberate with the assist of TaskForce, a cultural organizing company that builds capability for these taking up probably the most urgent challenges going through our communities, our nation and our world.
Further contributors and extra details about how every companion will activate on Could 19 can be forthcoming. Extra on Psychological Well being Motion Day and preliminary companions might be discovered at www.MentalHealthActionDay.org and observe alongside at #MentalHealthAction.
Further Statements in assist of Psychological Well being Motion Day from Champion Companions:
“Employers’ most essential asset is their folks—and office motion on psychological well being helps their folks be their finest selves,” stated Stephen Massey, Director of Well being Motion Alliance and Co-Founding father of Meteorite. “We’re proud to companion as soon as once more with Psychological Well being Motion Day to carry enterprise leaders collectively to create psychologically safer workplaces, take away the stigma round psychological well being, and join employees to the assist and therapy they want.”
“I’m proud to be a champion and companion with Psychological Well being Motion Day,” stated X. ARI, WisdoMania Fest & WisdoMania Basis Founder. “As a person, recording artist and psychological well being activist, I’ve seen the facility of connection and motion taking for psychological well being. I’m thrilled to assist carry others to the motion and to share the facility of songwriting for wellness. Thanks to the Psychological Well being Motion Day crew for the chance to collaborate and make an even bigger affect collectively.”
“Psychological Well being was voted the highest concern by folks fundraising on Tiltify, in keeping with our annual neighborhood survey,” stated Tiltify CEO Michael Wasserman. “As a fundraising platform, we see firsthand the great that may be accomplished when folks shift phrases into motion. Tiltify is honored to be a champion companion and the unique digital fundraising platform for Psychological Well being Motion Day.”
“Within the wake of a devastating pandemic, our capacity to prioritize psychological well being is extra essential than ever,” stated Amy Kennedy, Training Director of The Kennedy Discussion board. “Normalizing motion, not simply consciousness, is vital to restoring our collective well-being and ushering in a brand new period of psychological well being fairness. True change can be pushed by connection inside households, communities, colleges, and workplaces. Let’s empower one another to emerge stronger and more healthy than earlier than.”
“Psychological well being is a trigger that has affected our communities consistently. It’s a battle we tackle day by day and a combat we’ll proceed to deal with,” stated Betty Diaz, Director of Packages and Operations, Paramount Veterans Community “We’re honored to be a champion for the second annual Psychological Well being Motion Day and stay up for working with a whole bunch of VSO’s to alter the narrative on the stigma of psychological well being and shift into motion. There are practically 8 billion folks on this planet, if we every take one motion a day to assist at the least one particular person, we’ve accomplished our jobs.”
“The George Floyd Memorial Basis is proud to companion with MTV for Psychological Well being Motion Day,” stated Jacari Harris, Government Director of the George Floyd Memorial Basis. “George Floyd and numerous others have misplaced their lives because of a lack of know-how of these struggling psychological well being crises. It’s important that we correctly care for individuals who want our assist most and supply help as Mr. Floyd did on quite a few events.”
“Citrone 33 is proud to launch the inaugural assembly of the Pittsburgh Youth Psychological Well being Coalition at PNC Park on Could 19.” Cindy Citrone, President of Citrone 33 guarantees, “The coalition will join all 3 of our skilled sports activities groups, 11 of our universities, our well being care system, enterprise leaders, authorities officers, foundations, and neighbors. We’re calling all gamers from the bench to collectively take motion. As a metropolis, we should impress to attach impactful applications and options with our youth who’re struggling.”
“United for International Psychological Well being is delighted to be a champion for Psychological Well being Motion Day. We’re dedicated to raised psychological well being for everybody, in all places, and so motion is our primary precedence: Psychological Well being Motion Day couldn’t be higher named!” stated Sarah Kline, CEO of United for International Psychological Well being. “Because the secretariat of the International Psychological Well being Motion Community we can be encouraging our 1700+ members – who come from greater than 110 nations – to unfold the phrase and to make use of this chance to marketing campaign for change.”
About Psychological Well being Motion Day
Psychological Well being Motion Day is an open-source motion of manufacturers, organizations and cultural leaders to drive tradition from psychological well being consciousness to psychological well being motion. The second Psychological Well being Motion Day will happen on Could 19, 2022 with a mission to encourage and empower folks to take their first steps in the direction of psychological well being motion — whether or not for themselves, for his or her family members or to advocate for systemic modifications, as a result of psychological well being is well being. Study extra at www.MentalHealthActionDay.org