By Kat McIntosh, Supervisor of World Peer Assist at Psychological Well being America
With over 100 years engaged on advocacy and consciousness, Psychological Well being America (MHA) understands the distinctive wants of these going through psychological well being challenges. We consider that peer help is important when constructing thriving communities — nobody ought to must battle alone. That is why we created our Peer Companions program.
MHA’s Peer Companions program is a wonderful approach to assist individuals make buddies and meet their social objectives. We designed our program to assist equip friends with the instruments wanted to help others in assembly their social objectives utilizing help teams. Our free, easy-to-implement program combines the strengths of peer help, psychiatric rehabilitation, and self-directed care. An added advantage of our program is that psychological well being organizations can enhance the provision of peer help inside their neighborhood.
On the finish of our pilot, we noticed super will increase in how members rated their high quality of life.
Relationship and Connection
- 61% of members felt like they’d extra buddies and intimate relationships.
- Members’ emotions of connection to their help community rose by over 50%.
Group and Atmosphere
- 4 in 5 members had been higher capable of meaningfully use their environments.
- 61% of members had been capable of work together with others of their neighborhood in several social roles.
- There was a 72% enhance in members who had been ready to participate within the lifetime of their neighborhood.
Rights, Respect, and Equity
- 86% of members felt that they had been higher capable of train their rights.
- Over 70% of members reported they felt like they obtained equity.
- On the finish of our program, members reported feeling revered.
- Members grew to become extra conscious of their capacity to set private objectives.
- They realized what number of objectives, previously, had been set for them.
Entry our Peer Companions program right here.