Purple Day for Epilepsy 2022 noticed on March twenty sixth gathers 1000’s of individuals internationally collectively to begin conversations about epilepsy, increase consciousness of the situation and fundraise to make a distinction within the lives of individuals affected by epilepsy.
What’s Purple Day?
The Purple Day was created by Cassidy Megan, a younger lady from Canada who has epilepsy and wished folks to speak concerning the situation in 2008.
She determined to make use of the colour purple as a result of lavender is acknowledged because the worldwide flower of epilepsy, and symbolizes loneliness. Cassidy wished to not solely increase consciousness but additionally guarantee folks residing with epilepsy that they weren’t alone.
In 2009, The Epilepsy Affiliation of The Maritimes (EAM), together with The Anita Kaufmann Basis, launched Purple Day internationally.
The mixed efforts of Cassidy Megan, EAM, and The Anita Kaufmann Basis have led to the involvement of quite a few organizations, colleges, companies, politicians, and celebrities all over the world.
The right way to Be a part of the Marketing campaign?
- Host a Purple Day celebration or fundraising occasion.
- Arrange an academic show in your office or college to advertise training about epilepsy and seizures.
- Conduct a seizure first help coaching program at your office or college.
- Ask native companies that will help you promote Purple Day.
- Share Purple Day data and epilepsy info in your Fb and/or Twitter accounts.
- Take Purple Day to the following degree by including a Purple Day ribbon to your social networking accounts.
- Donate your Fb Standing – Copy the message, “On March 26, I am carrying PURPLE to assist EPILEPSY AWARENESS.” Assist unfold the phrase to your Fb standing!!
- Manage an area walk- or run-in assist of Purple Day and epilepsy.
- Discuss epilepsy and/or Purple Day in your weblog or vlog.
Be taught Fast Details About Epilepsy
- Roughly 50 million folks all over the world reside with epilepsy making it probably the most widespread neurological illnesses globally.
- The chance of untimely dying in epilepsy is thrice larger than for the final inhabitants.
- In lots of elements of the world, folks with epilepsy and their households endure from stigma and discrimination.
- Epilepsy is neither a contagious illness nor a psychological dysfunction.
- There’s presently no treatment for epilepsy. Nonetheless, for 10% to fifteen% of individuals with epilepsy, the surgical removing of the seizure focus the a part of the mind the place the individual’s seizures begin can get rid of all seizure exercise.
- For greater than half of individuals with epilepsy, remedy might help to regulate their seizures. Some youngsters will outgrow their epilepsy, and a few adults might have a spontaneous remission.
- Establish particular occasions or circumstances that have an effect on seizures. Some widespread triggers embrace:
Collectively we might help 65 million folks residing with epilepsy. Mark the March with purple.
- About Purple Day – (https://www.purpleday.org/about/)
- What’s Purple Day –
- What’s Epilepsy? –